Do you require that we use vendors from an approved list or can we bring our own?
We have requirements for catering, bartenders, rentals, and lighting companies. We do not require use of a particular vendor for wedding coordinators, cake bakers, photographers, and florists so those may be chosen on your own. For florals, please note that Camp Lucy has an amazing on-site studio and floral design staff. For more information, visit our Florals page. All rentals go through Whim Event Rentals, which offers the same selections as other rental vendors but with a reduced delivery fee.

Does Camp Lucy offer in-house catering?
Yes! We are pleased to offer in-house catering for amazing fresh food prepared on-site by Chef Rob McMahon. We have custom menus for every taste and budget.

Is there adequate outdoor lighting or can we add string lights, etc.?
Our lighting was carefully selected and is completely adequate inside the Chapel, Pavilion, and Events Hall. If you are interested in having your event on the Great Lawn or Brick Pavered Patio, additional lighting is recommended. If you would like to add additional lighting you must do so through a lighting professional from our Approved list of vendors.

Can we use sparklers for our departure?
Our contract prohibits the use of sparklers and other fireworks because burn bans are quite common in Hays County. If we are not in a burn ban, you may obtain permission from our Site Director to have sparklers.

Can we bring in our own alcohol?
Yes, but it must be served by a certified TABC bartender through Whim Catering.

Can our Band/DJ play music outside during the cocktail hour?
All outdoor music following the ceremony must be acoustic only. Amplified music is permitted in the Ian’s Chapel Events Hall and the Sacred Oaks Reception Hall only.

Can we place a wedding sign on Hwy 290/Creek Road to help our guests find Camp Lucy?
Dripping Springs has a sign ordinance that prohibits the use of directional signs

What are the rules regarding decorations?
You can bring in your own decor, but it can only be installed in a way that will not damage our facility -- no staples, tacks, tape, glue guns or nails can be used.

What are we responsible for regarding clean-up at the end of our event?
The caterer and bartenders are responsible for bussing tables, removing trash, cleaning up spills on the floor and the kitchen. All trash must be deposited in our on-site dumpster. The client is responsible for removing all personal belongings, trash in the Bride's Cottage and Groom's Quarters, and leaving the facility in good condition.

What does the facility fee include?
Included in our facility fee is a 2-hour engagement photo session, and 10 hour use of the facilities starting at 3pm and ending by 1 am on our site. Certain rentals are also included. If you have not already received that information, contact the office for details.

Does the 10-hour block of time include set-up and clean-up?
Yes it does. If you need additional time for clean-up or extra time for your band to break down after the wedding you can purchase one hour increments at $100 per hour.

Where are accommodations near Camp Lucy?
Camp Lucy offers luxury on-site accommodations. Please contact our Camp Lucy Lodging Manager at stay@camplucy.com or
(512) 858-4057 for more information. Additional local accommodations include the Sleep Inn and various Bed & Breakfasts in Dripping Springs, Blanco Luxury Suites in Blanco, Juniper Hills Farm, and various Inns/Bed & Breakfasts in Wimberley.

Will I be able to have my rehearsal at Camp Lucy the evening before my wedding?
Due to our full events calendar, most couples choose to rehearse on the day of their wedding, which is part of the 10 hour rental time, or offsite during their rehearsal dinner.

Are there any other associated fees attached with renting at Camp Lucy?
In addition to the rental fee, Camp Lucy requires a $1,000 refundable security deposit when you book. This $1,000 isn't part of the rental fee. We also require day-of event liability insurance. This insurance costs approximately $150. If you have over 110 cars, we also require a parking attendant at $25 per hour to assist in the management of overflow parking..

I'm a wedding industry vendor, how do I get on your preferred vendor list?
It is common for our clients to ask for suggestions for wedding professionals. Please submit your information with a list of reviews and referrals. We would be happy to recommend your services if your company is a good fit for our clients.