As part of the Texas Hill Country, a premier tourist destination, Dripping Springs has no shortage of nearby lodging and activities for you and your guests.
For lodging, the Sleep Inn and various Bed & Breakfasts are located in Dripping Springs, Blanco Luxury Suites in Blanco, Juniper Hills Farm, and various Inns/Bed & Breakfasts in Wimberley. To help you find the best accommodations fit, we suggest the services of the following local reservations companies:
Camp Lucy is perfectly situated in the Texas Hill Country, one of the nation's most popular destination spots. While conveniently located just minutes from Austin, our Dripping Springs wedding and special events venue is a world away from the city grind and just a stone's skip from wineries, microbreweries, world-class antiquing, olive orchards, outdoor adventures, and more. The following offers a taste of activities near Camp Lucy awaiting you and your guests.
- Within minutes of Camp Lucy are Bell Springs Winery, Westcave Cellars Winery, Driftwood Estate Winery, Solaro Estate Winery, Wimberley Valley Winery, Duchman Family Winery, Bella Vista Ranch, and more. Most are open for tastings every weekend. For detailed information including tasting room hours, visit texaswinetrail.com
- The Austin area has become a brewing mecca. Two heralded new breweries with tasting rooms, Jester King Brewery and Thirsty Planet, are located in or near Dripping Springs, and the granddaddy of them all, Real Ale Brewing, has a fun Friday tour and tasting at their brewery in Blanco.
- Just down the road is the charming village of Wimberley. Situated around the town square and just beyond are a variety of unique and locally owned shops filled with special antiques, art, furnishings, and more. On the first Saturday of the month from March - December, Wimberley hosts the Wimberley Lions Market Days
, the oldest outdoor market in the Texas Hill Country and the second-largest in the state.
Nature and Adventure
- Dripping Springs is nestled next to one of our state's most visited parks, Pedernales Falls State Park, which holds a dramatic waterfall as its centerpiece. Hamilton Pool Nature Preserve, also nearby, likewise boasts a breathtaking 50 foot rock overhang and waterfall. Also just minutes from Camp Lucy, Blue Hole Regional Park in Wimberley has long been a destination in the Texas Hill Country for swimming, camping, and enjoying nature along spring-fed Cypress Creek. For the adventurous type in your wedding party, Wimberley Zipline Adventures will take them soaring above Hill Country canyons and creeks. And for those looking for a relaxing float down a cool river, there is tubing nearby in Wimberley, New Braunfels, and Gruene.
- Our famous Dripping Springs country roads have played host to cyclists from around the world. The cycling enthusiasts in your party will love the scenic routes of varying levels of difficulty.
- With our weather and landscape evocative of Provence and Tuscany, it is no surprise olive orchards have begun to flourish in our neck of the woods. Olive oil producers Bella Vista Ranch and Texas Hill Country Olive Company and their fabulous tasting rooms are both just minutes from Camp Lucy.