This summer, we are officially ringing in over TEN YEARS of weddings at Camp Lucy! After a decade of celebrating love on our property, we are excited to introduce our #CampLucyCouples series – a behind the scenes look at our couples’ magical Camp Lucy wedding moments and where they and their families are today.
To kick off our Camp Lucy Couples series, we are honored to introduce Robin & Andrew, our very first official couple to tie the knot on our property!
1. What was your wedding date & year? August 14, 2010
2. What Camp Lucy venue did you select? Our ceremony took place on The Great Lawn at Ian’s Chapel, followed by our reception at The Pavilion.
3. What made you choose Camp Lucy to celebrate your love? My late aunt shopped at Whit Hanks Antiques often and heard about Camp Lucy and its lovely story. We were inspired by the Hanks family’s passion for architectural restoration.
4. What was your favorite part/memory of your Camp Lucy wedding experience? Well, of course uniting in marriage with my husband! But one memory I do have that is special to me is walking through the Chapel on my way to the aisle with my father on my arm and looking ahead at all of my bridesmaids in the vaulted space. They were all (one after the other) looking back at me with loving eyes and sweet smiles and it made me feel waves of overwhelming love. It was a truly special day and I have my mother to thank for her organization and pulling off planning a wedding in 9 weeks! There were so many sweet details: parasols and fans for the guests, cotton in my bouquet and burlap seed bags on the brunch tables as a nod to my family history, and my brother ringing the Chapel bell to announce the arrival of the bride.
5. What made your Camp Lucy wedding experience such a positive one? We were fortunate to have the weather turn out okay (in hot August) and from what I recall, all of our requests were met with a ‘can do’ attitude. Our wedding planner was marvelous! The venue reveals itself as you drive through the gate and up the entry road. Andrew had a fun idea to have a bagpiper playing around the grounds as people arrived. It was such a nice touch for our guests right from the start.
6. What are you and your family up to now? We live in the Clarksville neighborhood in Austin, Texas. Both Andrew and I are practicing architecture and our 4-year-old son, Walter, goes to a Montessori school. We enjoy weekend time with family and friends, trips to the Florida coast, time on the ranch in west Texas, and taking adventures outdoors on the rivers and lakes in central Texas.
7. Any advice for future Camp Lucy couples? Enjoy the day and soak up every detail! It goes by too fast!
Were you married at Camp Lucy? We are looking for couples to feature next on our #CampLucyCouples series. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to be featured next!