After a decade of celebrating love on our property, we are excited to continue our #CampLucyCouples series – a behind the scenes look at our couples’ magical Camp Lucy wedding moments and where they and their families are today.
Our next featured couple found Camp Lucy after the Bride’s mother attended Robin & Andrew’s nuptials– the first ever wedding at Camp Lucy!
1. What was your wedding date & year? June 9, 2012
2. What Camp Lucy venue did you select? Our ceremony took place on the Great Lawn at Ian’s Chapel beneath the tree. Reception was at the recently-completed Event’s Hall and adjacent patios.
3. What made you choose Camp Lucy to celebrate your love? We live in Colorado and love to be outside amongst the trees. While the mountains are our home, we knew we wouldn’t have our dearest loved ones – our grandparents – with us at our wedding due to the travel it would require. We chose to get married in Texas because Lara is a native Texan and the majority of our family lives in Texas and Oklahoma. Getting married at Camp Lucy gave us the opportunity to have our dreamy outdoor wedding and allowed our grandparents and every member of our extended families to be a part of the event.
4. What was your favorite part/memory of your Camp Lucy wedding experience? Lara’s walk down the aisle… it was a long one! She walked from the chapel to the Great Lawn because she had seven escorts. Her father died in 2008, so she asked his cousins and best friends to escort her to eventually be given away by her mother and grandfather. As she stood at the doors of the chapel, she was able to see all of their friends and family seated together on the great lawn and the love was all-encompassing. That view and that procession set the tone for a night – and a marriage – surrounded and supported by friends and family.
5. What made your Camp Lucy wedding experience such a positive one? Camp Lucy provided a perfect backdrop to make our garden party dreams come true. The buildings and grounds are so lovely on their own, but allow for personalization. When we met with our florist, we said we didn’t need anything specific at the spot where we would stand for the ceremony because the tree was enough. However, our brilliant team suggested a flower cloud above our heads and a puddle of petals at our feet. The perfect enhancement to tie everything together.
6. What are you and your family up to now? We still live in Breckenridge, CO. We have a 2 year old son, Frank. We have 2 dogs, Piper and Doc Holliday. Tim is the owner and manager of Breckenridge Outfitters, an Orvis endorsed fly fishing outfitter. Lara has been an elementary school teacher for the past 10 years and now volunteers to teach STEAM lessons so that she can be at home with their son.
7. Have you been back to Camp Lucy since your wedding day? We have not. But our friends and family have. They insist we get to Tillie’s as soon as possible! We’re looking forward to visiting and seeing how much it’s grown!
Vendor love from Lara & Tim’s special day|
Were you married at Camp Lucy? We are looking for couples to feature next on our #CampLucyCouples series. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to be featured next!